Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week One

Well I finished week one and its been a very interesting week. The first three days this past week we spent learning about barley and anything you might want to know about barley. Very informative but many times it was dry material. Our teacher is a director of something over at rahr. She had never taught this before so there were issues with missing information and information she just didn't know. Thursday we spent learning about hop, hop products, structure and what not. I didn't learn a whole lot but I definitely more knowledgeable about the subject now. Friday we had our first quiz. Throughout the week other students and I have been studying every night and it pays off. I finished the quiz with no issues, likely got an A. The rest of the day we went over brewing water and I finally get it. I knew why we treated water and its purpose before but know i get all the little things that go into it and how it all comes together. I got a simple water program that is fun to play around with. Basically its a spread sheet that has all the information about water and the minerals that go into it to help you determine you water composition for different beer styles. Well I'll hopefully have some pictures up soon of our field trip to a certainly malting on Tuesday. It should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment